Primarily performance of the activities of car rental services (a rent a car) is regulated by the Law on Tourism. These activities are considered as activities which travel agencies perform and a company or entrepreneur which perform these tasks has the status of a tourist agency.
They must meet the general requirements which are provided for performing activity of travel agencies, as well as special conditions which are provided for performing the activity of car rental services (a rent a car).
According to the type of tasks the travel agency may be:
- The tourist agency organizer of the tourist trips (tour operator)
- The travel agency intermediary in the sale of the tourist trips (intermediary)
Since the Law on Tourism differ only two types of travel agencies, car rental services (a rent a car) shall be considered as a activity of tourist agency intermediary.
All provisions of the law that apply to the travel agencies intermediaries shall be applied to the car rental services (a rent a car). Continue reading Terms of Performance of the Activity of the Car Rental Services (a Rent a Car)
A foreign company branch office is a separate organizational unit of a company through which the company performs activity in Republic of Serbia in accordance with the law.
A foreign company branch office does not have the capacity of a legal person, but in terms of tax have resident status.
Relevant regulations, whose subject is registering a branch office of a foreign company, are:
- Companies Act (RS Official Gazette, No. 36/2011, 99/2011, 83/2014 and 5/2015)
- Law on the Procedure of Registration with the Serbian Business Registers Agency (RS Official Gazette, No. 99/11 and 83/2014)
- Rulebook on the Content of the Business Entities Register and Documents Required for Registration (RS Official Gazette, No. 42/2016) and
- Decision on Fees for Registration and other Services Provided by the Serbian Business Registers Agency (RS Official Gazette, No. 119/2013, 138/2014, 45/2015, 106/2015, 32/2016 i 60/2016) Continue reading Registering a branch office of a foreign company in Serbia
Registration of the representative office in Serbia – the legal framework
The legal position of the representative office of a foreign company in the Republic of Serbia as well as the registration of a representative office in Serbia, are regulated by the provisions of articles 574-577 of the Law on companies (RS Official Gazette, Nos. 36/2011, 99/2011 and 83/2014 – other law and 5/2015), the Law on the Procedure of Registration with the Serbian Business Registers Agency (RS Official Gazette, Nos. 99/2011 i 83/2014) and the Rulebook on the content of the Business Entities Register and documents required for registration (RS Official Gazette, No. 6/2012).
The Law on companies with provisions of article 574. paragraph 1 define the representative office as a separate organisational unit of a foreign company that may carry out preliminary and preparatory work leading to the conclusion of a transaction by that company. Continue reading Registration of the representative office in Serbia