The legal framework for the regulation of digital property in the Republic of Serbia is the Law on Digital Property (“Official Gazette of RS”, No. 153/2020), which entered into force on December 29, 2020. year, and applies after the expiration of six months from the date of its entry into force, i.e. from June 30, 2021, and tax regulations and regulations governing the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing and general rules, such as e.g. laws governing obligations and companies.
The provisions of the Law on Digital Property (“Official Gazette of RS”, No. 153/2020) regulate:
- Issuance of digital assets and secondary trading in digital assets in the Republic of Serbia
- Provision of services related to digital assets
- Lien and fiduciary right on digital property
- The competence of the Securities Commission and the National Bank of Serbia
- Supervision over the application of this Law.